Pages

Tuesday 22 April 2014

My first foray into blogging

Me, Grace, Seth and Jonathon at
Rowany Festival AS XLVIII
My name is Phaedra and I am a member of the Society for Creative Anachronism here in Lochac (aka Australia). I joined the SCA in 2006 when I was at uni, and after taking a bit of a sabbatical due to having two children (Grace aged 2, Jonathon aged 8 months) and my husband starting a business, I have just started playing again. On Monday we came home from Rowany Festival which is basically the biggest event in Lochac, held over the Easter long weekend each year. I was fortunate to be able to attend a few A&S classes where I learnt about 16th century French fashions, how to use my inkle loom, got a pattern for a bodice whose sleeves defy gravity, and a myriad of other inspiring ideas from campsite comforts (HOT SHOWERS are achievable!) to children's toys to beautiful garb to period pavilions to four poster beds to period cooking... etc etc etc

As you can tell, I am inspired. And my head is so full it hurts. So in order to order my thoughts, and prevent project ideas from getting forgotten I am starting a blog. Hopefully this will see more projects getting finished (unlike that tablet woven belt that has been sitting on the loom for the last 3 years) and maybe my mistakes (of which I am sure there will be plenty) will help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment